[Gambas-user] LLVM for Gambas

Sat Sep 21 14:55:53 CEST 2013

> Download 3.1 from Sourceforge and unpack to wherever you want - I used
> david/llvm. Then create
> a "build" folder within "llvm".
> Then from this "build" folder:
>
> ../configure --prefix=/usr --enable-optimized --enable-jit --enable-shared
> make -j2      (for dual core, -j4 for quad core)
> sudo make install

I used svn version, but otherwise that is what I tried (among many other
options), but it doesn't compile.
First problem is in configure, compilers are not found, but it is fixable.

If I set clang and clang++ as compilers, some include files are not found,
even when I give the correct path.

And if I set gcc and g++ as compilers, then it gives error that some
function isn't part of llvm (???).

> However LLVM 3.2 appears in the standard Ubuntu repository (I'm using
> Ubuntu 12.04) and I haven't
> has any trouble with it.

When I compile Gambas, it gives me this requirement:
|| Unable to find file: libLLVM-3.3svn.so
|| gb.jit is disabled

So I don't think LLVM 3.2 will do it.

Jussi