[Gambas-user] Signal 11 when making pdf using gb.cairo

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Sep 18 00:51:51 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-17 at 21:44 +0200, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013, Willy Raets wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have this strange problem in one of my projects.
> > When placing an image on the PdfSurface I get strange things happening.
> > In the project when the image is smaller than 280 x 390 it is on the
> > pdf. When the image is just 5 pixels more in either width, height or
> > both I get a signal 11.
> >
> > I tried to reproduce the problem in a small project (see attachment).
> > Only now, even if the image is smaller than 280 x 390 (tried with both a
> > 210 x 210 and a 150 x 150 image) the signal 11 appears!
> > I'm not getting this, as the code is the same (copy paste from original
> > project and deleted some unneeded variables and changed some paths
> > that's all)
> >
> > I'm using two different methods of adding the image.
> >
> > 1. Using:
> > Cairo.Source = Cairo.ImagePattern(Image.Load("Icons/silhouts-150.png"),
> > 20, 150)
> > Cairo.Paint()
> >
> > 2. Using:
> > Cairo.Source = Cairo.ImagePattern(Image.Load("Icons/silhout.png"))
> > Cairo.Rectangle(20, 22, 560, 790)
> > Cairo.Fill()
> >
> > The first one I used before in another project and works just fine there
> > (images there are no bigger than 128 x 128, never had any trouble).
> >
> > The second one is because I aim at putting a watermark on the page of
> > the pdf, hence using a rectangle to fill with the image.
> > I get the second one working in the original project if image is no
> > bigger than 280 x 390, but I need it bigger.
> >
> > Images in the Icons folder of attached projects are:
> > silhouts-150.png -> 150 x 150
> > silhouts-210.png -> 210 x 210
> > silhout.png -> 560 x 790
> >
> > Am I seriously overlooking something and gone a bit blind...?
> > Or is something else happening?
> > Hope someone has answers...
> >

> Have you tried pressing Button4 and then Button1? This didn't result in a
> Segfault here. Anyway, pressing Button1 first does...

Not here, staring with the last and next the first button still gives
the segfault clicking the first one.

Funny it works for you this way but not the other way around.

Just to complete the reporting this problem here is my system
information:

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-23-generic