[Gambas-user] R: If TypeOf( ) - TER

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Mon Sep 16 11:49:51 CEST 2013

Excuse me twice....   :-(

I solved the problem: a line with "printf" command in library remained active!

So all is well.

Excuse me.

bye
vuott

Lun 16/9/13, Ru Vuott <vuott at ...325...> ha scritto:

 Oggetto: [Gambas-user] If TypeOf( ) of a Pointer gives 811 instead of 11...
 A: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
 Data: Lunedì 16 settembre 2013, 11:38

 Hello,

 I wrote a very short "shared library" .so, which simply
 returns a pointer to a "Structure" as defined in the file
 "SDL.h".
 Well... in Gambas code I pick this pointer...

 I did a little test: if I insert that pointer variable in
 the "TypeOf ()" function, I get 881  instead of
 11  !

 Why ?

 Regards
 vuott

 -------
 Here the Gambas code:

 Library "/path/of/my/little/shared/library"

 Private Extern verifica() As Pointer

 Public Sub Form_Open()

  Dim p As Pointer

 ' I invoke the external function:
     p = verifica()

     Print TypeOf(p)

 End

 LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just
 $49.99!
 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012,
 Windows 8, SharePoint
 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library
 Power Pack includes
 Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends
 9/20/13.