[Gambas-user] Gambas in background

bill-lancaster bill-lancaster at ...2231...
Sun Sep 8 17:53:27 CEST 2013

In April 2010 I asked this question.

Is it possible to run a Gambas programme with only a trayicon showing?

Caveat posted an excellant example which worked for me at the time.
http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Gambas-in-background-td30383.html#a30384
Have just tried to re-create it and can't get it to run properly.

The posting say "My FMain is the same FMain as I used for Rolf's question"
but I can't find what this refers to so my FMain is empty.

When the programme is run, an icon shows beiifly in the tray and then the
programme quits.

Clearly I'm missing something that I hope is obvious to others.

Gambas 3.4.2
Kubuntu 13.04