[Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

Pryor, Mike MPryor at ...3182...
Fri Sep 6 17:01:23 CEST 2013

I found out that gb.gui was not installed when I tried to run 'rpm ql gambas3-gb.gui'.
However, there appears to be a gb.gui component in the component tab. Interesting
mystery here.  The tab does not indicate the version of the component.  I wonder
whether the Fedora package manager, 'spot', included the gb.gui components in
another package.

From: Willy Raets [willy at ...2734...]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 10:40 AM
To: Pryor, Mike
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 14:18 +0000, Pryor, Mike wrote:
> I just discovered that my PC at home has a functioning Gambas3 installed,
> but the package, 'gambas3-gb-gui', is not installed.  I upgraded to FC17
> instead of doing a fresh install, so I'm wondering whether the upgrade took
> care the problem with the 'gui' package.  And if this package is not installed,
> which gui package is running when I run gambas3?

How did you notice that the package is missing?
Did you check this in the Gambas IDE?
In a Gambas project open menu Project -> Properties and go to tab
components -> see if gb.gui is there and not grayed out.

If so, gb.gui is installed on your system.

I did notice in YumExtender when searching for Gambas3 packages that
gb.gui package was in black font and version 3.0.0, all the others in
green font version 3.4.1.
This seems a bit odd to be, but then again, my Gambas 4.3.1 is working
and not complaining.

I attached some screenshots so you can compare it with your own
situation. Screenshots where taken on a Fedora 17 with LXDE desktop.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/