[Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

Pryor, Mike MPryor at ...3182...
Fri Sep 6 16:18:27 CEST 2013

I just discovered that my PC at home has a functioning Gambas3 installed,
but the package, 'gambas3-gb-gui', is not installed.  I upgraded to FC17
instead of doing a fresh install, so I'm wondering whether the upgrade took
care the problem with the 'gui' package.  And if this package is not installed,
which gui package is running when I run gambas3?

From: Willy Raets [willy at ...2734...]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 6:43 PM
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 15:37 +0000, Pryor, Mike wrote:
> Thanks, Fernando.  Fedora does provide a Gambas 3 package but the gambas-gui package
> appears not to be updated. Oddly, it is dependent on an older version of gambas-runtime. It
> suggests to me that few Fedora users are using Gambas 3.  Which is sad, because Benoit
> has created a marvelous programming tool.

I have a Fedora 17 box running. Installed Gambas 3.4.1 right from the
Add/Remove software without any problems. It runs fine on my system.

> I have some experience with the configure, make and make install process and yes sometimes
> it goes well and sometimes not.  I guess this is a NOT.

Might want to check the 'How To Gambas - Installing Gambas' guide, for
some guidance.

Chapter 6, paragraph 6.3 explains Fedora install from official Fedora
repository
Chapter 8, paragraph 8.2 explains installing the source download from
Gambas website for Fedora. Dependencies explained there are still for
Gambas 3.3.4, but as far as I know they are still the same for 3.4.2

Guide can be found at:
http://howtogambas.org/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=1%2F2

--
Kind regards,