[Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

Pryor, Mike MPryor at ...3182...
Thu Sep 5 18:59:53 CEST 2013

Maybe I'll give that a try.  The 'reconf-all' script failed for me, so I don't want
to bother Benoit anymore.  I'm sure he has more important work to do than hold
my hand.
From: Fernando [fernando at ...3175...]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:03 PM
To: mailing list for gambas users; mailing list for gambas users
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

On Sep 5, 2013 16:37 "Pryor, Mike" <MPryor at ...3182...> wrote:

> Thanks, Fernando. Fedora does provide a Gambas 3 package but the
> gambas-gui package
> appears not to be updated. Oddly, it is dependent on an older version
> of gambas-runtime. It
> suggests to me that few Fedora users are using Gambas 3. Which is sad,
> because Benoit
> has created a marvelous programming tool.

I don't mean the official Fedora package, rather a private rpm package
prepared by someone else.

> I have some experience with the configure, make and make install
> process and yes sometimes
> it goes well and sometimes not. I guess this is a NOT.

The main issue will be the additional packages you have to install. It's
a long list (check the web site) and for some I could not find a proper
match in the repositories. There were other issues, like the system
finding wrong packages with the same name (e.g., sql.h from wine).

Fernando