[Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

Pryor, Mike MPryor at ...3182...
Thu Sep 5 17:37:24 CEST 2013

Thanks, Fernando.  Fedora does provide a Gambas 3 package but the gambas-gui package
appears not to be updated. Oddly, it is dependent on an older version of gambas-runtime. It
suggests to me that few Fedora users are using Gambas 3.  Which is sad, because Benoit
has created a marvelous programming tool.

I have some experience with the configure, make and make install process and yes sometimes
it goes well and sometimes not.  I guess this is a NOT.

Mike
From: Fernando [fernando at ...3175...]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:27 AM
To: mailing list for gambas users; mailing list for gambas users
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Fedora 17 - Gambas3-Gb-Gui Won't Install

On Sep 5, 2013 15:54 "Pryor, Mike" <MPryor at ...3182...> wrote:

> I just tried to download the latest .bz2 file from your web site and
> there is no 'configure' script.
> Are you trying to discourage people from using Gambas 3? I'm having a
> real hard time getting
> my hands on a working version of it. I hope it's worth all the trouble
> I'm going through.

I don't know how experienced you are with source installations but they
can be troublesome. I had myself problems with it. Luckily someone
pointed out to a pre-compiled binary package in a private repository for
ubuntu. I would suggest you to ask in a Fedora distribution mailing list
for such a package.

Regards,
Fernando