[Gambas-user] gb.media dependency problems on Debian Wheezy

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Sep 2 16:03:53 CEST 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-01 at 16:25 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 01/09/2013 16:24, Willy Raets a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2013-09-01 at 16:02 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me what the proper dependencies for gb.media are, as
> >> gb.media is disabled after doing a ./configure -C
> >>
> >> I had Gambas 3.3.90 installed on this system and it worked just fine but
> >> it seems the 3.4.90 branch has extra dependencies.
> >>
> >> Compared to the 3.3.90 install I had to add libalure-deb to get
> >> gb.openal being enabled and have added gstreamer0.10 (in hope to get
> >> gb.media going)
> >>
> >> FYI this are the dependencies I installed (on Debian 7.1 Wheezy):
> >>
> >> apt-get install build-essential autoconf libbz2-dev libfbclient2
> >> libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
> >> libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libldap2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev
> >> libgtkglext1-dev libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
> >> libsdl-image1.2-dev libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libbonobo2-dev
> >> libcos4-dev libomniorb4-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev
> >> libpoppler-glib-dev libpoppler-private-dev libasound2-dev libesd0-dev
> >> libdirectfb-dev libaa1-dev libxtst-dev libffi-dev kdelibs5-dev
> >> firebird-dev libqt4-dev libglew-dev libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev
> >> libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
> >> linux-libc-dev libgsl0-dev libncurses5-dev gstreamer0.10
> >> libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libcairo2-dev
> >> libgmime-2.6-dev libalure-dev
> >>

> >> What am I missing to get gb.media going.
> >> In ./configure -C the reason for disabling gb.media are:
> >> gstreamer and gstreamer-video (that is why I installed gstreamer0.10,
> >> but that didn't solve it)
> >> In what Debain package have they been hidden? Anyone?
> >
> > Attached a screenshot of the gstreamer 0.10.36 parts installed.
> >

> GStreamer 1.0 is needed, not GStreamer 0.10.

All works just great with gstreamer 1.0.

The 'Installation & Compilation' documentation dependency list still
says gstreamer >= 0.10.31.  An update of documentation dependency list
(http://gambasdoc.org/help/install?v3) would be a proper thing to do ;)

Pity that most current stable distro releases (Debian 7 and Ubuntu
12.04, Lubuntu 12.04, Linux Mint 13 etc.) do not have gstreamer 1.0 in
their repositories. So you always need to go to the newer distro repos
to get the proper dependencies version.

I see how this can pose a problem to those packaging Gambas for Precise
(like Kendek and Sebs daily PPA's) or Debain 7 Wheezy( like Ian). Much
respect to you guys that you manage to deliver a proper Gambas install
anyway.

This also might create problems in trying to get Gambas 3.4.x into the
official Debian repository, as Ian is trying at the moment. So it will
probably end up in unstable instead of stable (wheezy)!

As I see it (for Debain and Ubuntu based distros):
- the latest unstable versions of these distros will support all Gambas
3.4.x dependencies out of the box (meaning they are in the official
repo)
- the latest stable releases of these distros will not support Gambas
3.4.x out of the box.

Is this a clever path to take for Gambas?

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/