[Gambas-user] WIP Debian packages of Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 31 08:13:12 CET 2013

Le 31/10/2013 04:06, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> On 10/30/13,
> From: Kende Kriszti?n <nemh at ...2007...>
>>> I rewrote the copyright file, but just lazy. Now everyone is included,
>> but there is no separation.
> i can reorganize and cited all needs here,
> this copyright file are not good, but have all cited,
> i send to u the right copyright file in few two days to gambas mail list
> so this task are the most detious ok, and u's can do others task
>>
>> And I followed the Gambas 3 packaging specifications, so I had to
>> reorganize a few packages. Please check my Debian source:
>>
>> http://ubuntuone.com/6bgN32KfBoKfzRFc3AuRIG
>>
>> And please see this:
>>
>> http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto/package?v3
> well i dont know about these specifications, the <libname>.so files
> must be in "devel" packages and the <libname>.so.X.Y.Z files must be
> in normal shared lib packages..
>
> SO THEN: these are gambas componentsw, but if are used from others
> gambas projects or programs are gambas libraries?
>
> what should be do?

The Gambas components must only be used by Gambas. Moreover, the *.la
and *.so files are useless. Only the *.so.0 are actually used by the
interpreter. But the 'libtool' autoconf tool always installed all of
them. Maybe I could hack that by removing every useless files
afterwards. I will think about that for a next version...

--
Benoît Minisini