[Gambas-user] Color.Blend() and alpha channels

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Oct 29 23:09:40 CET 2013

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 29/10/2013 20:27, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > the documentation[0] of Color.Blend() states that the resulting colour get
> > the maximum alpha channels of the Source and Destination parameters.
> >
> > However, in a test project, we Color.Blend()'d two colours, one of which has
> > the alpha component 190 and the other one has 90. The resulting colour has
> > an alpha of 90 which at first glance contradicts the documentation.
> >
> > I guess, this is due to the fact that Gambas internally swaps the meaning of
> > the alpha channel, as stated here[1]? What should we do about this?
> >

> Mmm... Nothing?
>
> The resulting alpha channel of Color.Blend is the most transparent of
> both initial colors, so things seem to be correct. Aren't they?

Ah, it's the most *transparent*, not the one with the greatest numerical
value! This didn't come through to me when reading the docs. I'll try to
clarify this if you don't mind.

Regards,
Tobi