[Gambas-user] Obtain my IP with Gambas

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Tue Oct 29 20:28:38 CET 2013

you don't need a root account or root priviledges to get the IP address:
just do a

Shell "ip -4 addr show eth0 | grep inet" TO ipaddr

and just parse the IP from that line.
Note that eth0 is the name of your network interface.

Hope this helps to simplify things in your code.

Dimitris

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard at ...626...