[Gambas-user] debugging a (apparent) memory leak

Tue Oct 29 02:20:57 CET 2013

I don't think it's always been like this, but when I sometimes forget to
close the server app running on my physical server and it runs for a few
days I notice gb3 is using all 8 GB of system RAM and several GB of the
swap partition. There's nothing in the app (that I know of) that should
ever be using that much memory, so it sounds like a memory leak.

Is there a way, other than manually following the logic of the entire
execution sequence, to identify what part of the code is continually
sucking up more and more RAM?

Also, other than the infamous GOSUB without a corresponding RETURN, what
types of declarations or code logic should I look for if I do scan
through the codebase? Red flags, in other words.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues