[Gambas-user] Fwd: Specifications for Gambas 3

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Mon Oct 28 03:05:06 CET 2013

On 23/10/13 23:15, Kende Krisztián wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have read the "How To Package Gambas" document
> (http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/howto/package?v3#t2) and some things I
> do not understand:
>
> The runtime package contain the gb.gui component, but gambas3-runtime
> is not depend from gambas3-gb-gtk or gambas3-gb-qt4. Gb.gui does not
> work without them.

[WARNING: Debian packager discussion coming up, look away if you are
easily offended]

it is possible to use | in the Depends: field to make a package depend
on one OR another package, so you could do "gambas3-gb-gtk | gambas3-gb-qt4"

> Gambas3-gb-desktop-gnome package is depend from gambas3-gb-desktop, but
> vice versa is not true (in other words, the previous contents are not
> part of the latter). If use gb.desktop component on GNOME desktop, the
> following error message comes up: Cannot load component
> 'gb.desktop.gnome': cannot find component
is there a "gambas3-gb-desktop-kde"? I didn't think so, if but there is
you can use the same trick
If not I'd pick some kde package that represents the desktop as use this
as the other "half" of the | clause, so you get the
gambas3-gb-desktop-gnome if KDE isn't installed.

Ian