[Gambas-user] Official release of Gambas 3.5

Sat Oct 26 17:50:01 CEST 2013

In the next menssages i'll change the title of threat to WIP Packagin
gambas for Debian

From: Sebastian Kulesz <sebikul at ...626...>
> I've been in contact with one of the Debian maintainers who agreed to
> update the packages once they are fixed. He does not have enough time now
> to do it,
yeah the same response from debian, not enought time, but not enough
flexible rules for people the already have the time (very politic
right?), well, let's work guy's

> but I see that you know a lot about Debian packaging guidelines.
> Would you be willing the update the packages so they meet the needed
> quality to be pushed?
well one month ago i made the VenenuX packages but those still not fix
guidelines, but Kende said that it started from debian 3.1.1 sources
(as i answer below), i'll help to try to improve.. but debian rules
are not fit for gambas guidelines, i think we will need a debian
participation and flexibility

From: Kende Kriszti?n <nemh at ...2007...>
> What? We have to clarify one thing. My PPA is not an official Gambas
> repository. Originally I created this for me and for people who use my
i already know that kende, gut that's not was talking about, let's see:

> The starting point is the Gambas 3.1.1 from Debian repository.
> According to this is a good quality source.
obviously i said that, but u not note that the debian mantianer and
the debian packages are not fully qualified, certanly, the debian
oficial gambas packages are not good sources,

but its obvious for u that a good started was from debian sources, due
for less conflicts in winbuntu instalations and for less work in each
updates

NOW HOW TO WORK ABOUT THE PACKAGES:

1) the first point its the copyright licence file, we must put all
related info about all sources, NOTE THAT each file not licenced must
be indicate

2) litian warnings, must be supressed, i note that each library in
gambas are modules, so there's no static or dinamic builds at real!

For now these two points are a lot of work.. then we must defined the
package names (if necesary but seems kende hav domination over that)
related on the conflicts and dependences

4) when we have a semi-good package dsc, debian.tar.gz and source, we
must upload to mentors or reference to PPA of kende, and search for
mentor in debian mentors, if the debian oficial mantainer can skip
this step are a good sing

IMPORTANT NOTE: examples must not be compiled/build in debian oficial,
due some policy, this are very unhappy for users, due each example
must be saved before run, so i will read the policy and ask for that
point...