[Gambas-user] Adressing a self-made object

Alain Baudrez a.baudrez at ...626...
Thu Oct 24 14:07:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have been trying to emulate the VB.NET listbox control with checkboxes. I
use this code to create and display them in a scrollview:

[code]

' Declare a  checkbox
Private hCheckbox As CheckBox

' Create instances ofthe checkbox and place them
' in the parent Scrollview called ScrollFunction
'
Private Sub FillScrollBox()

  Dim vPos As Integer = 1 ' Counter representing the nth item

  $rs = $db.Exec("SELECT *  FROM tblListFunctie")

  For Each $rs
    hCheckbox = New CheckBox(ScrollFunction)
    With hCheckbox
      .x = 10
      .y = (vPos - 1) * hCheckbox.Height + 5
      .width = 150
      .text = $rs!Function
      .tag = $rs!ID
    End With
    Inc vPos

  Next
End
[/code]

All checkboxes are displayed in the ScrollView, but how do I address any of
those checkboxes?

I need to be able to set/read the value of those checkboxes. I tried :

   hCheckbox = New CheckBox(ScrollFunction) AS "chkScroll" & vPos

but I cannot address the object chkScroll1

  chkScroll1.value = TRUE
 returns an 'Unknown Identifier'

Moreover, I don't know how many checkboxes I created. Yes, I could keep
track of the variable vPos and use that, but is there a generic way to loop
through only the checkboxes in their parent, namely the Scrollview?

Any tips are welcome

A.J.