[Gambas-user] problems when set printer properties by hand

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 16 23:56:49 CEST 2013

Le 16/10/2013 23:38, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Am Samstag, den 12.10.2013, 12:02 +0200 schrieb Charlie Reinl:

>>> If you set PaperWidth or PaperHeight, Paper is set to Printer.Custom.
>>> This is perfectly normal.
>>>
>>> On my computer (with an HP printer), the Paper property is not taken
>>> into account when calling Configure(), and it is reset to its default
>>> value (Printer.A4).
>>>
>>> Either this is a bug in the Qt4 printing system, either that printer can
>>> only handle A4 size.
>>>
>>> Please give more details about the printer you use...
>>>

>> Salut Benoît,
>>
>> I use a HP Officejet 6210 USB (from 2005), which is attached on my
>> Fritz!Box (DSL router) USB-port, connected via  socket://<router
>> IP>:9100
>>
>> But the behave is the same if the printer is connected on the computers
>> USB-port.
>>
>> Driver : HP Officejet 6200 Series hpijs, 3.10.2
>>
>> On 'bad way' the properties are copied in alphabetically order.
>> So Paper is set before PaperHeight and PaperWidth, but at the end Paper
>> is set again. And after coming back from Configure() is reset to 0.
>>
>> Not in 'good way', the Paper before PaperHeight and PaperWidth is not
>> set, only at the end. And after coming back from Configure() the initial
>> value is kept.
>>
>> But if I run first  'bad way' and then (without restart, which set a new
>> Printer)  'good way' then also Paper ist reset to 0 ,
>> after .Configure() .
>>
>> So I thing something run bad when set Page more then one time
>> before .Configure() .
>

> Salut Benoît,
>
> any news about that for 3.5 ?

No, I couldn't reproduce it at all.

Note that a specific printer driver can refuse a change to the Paper
property, and that setting the printer name may reset the printer settings.

--
Benoît Minisini