[Gambas-user] can't install my home-made-package, due to the dependencies

Wed Oct 16 16:14:43 CEST 2013

From: Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at ...626...>
> > Distribution called Winbuntu does not exist...
> It looks like distribution, but maybe it's something else. I don't know and
> I'm not interested of such.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/winbuntuiso/

its same: made for windo users

> I didn't know Debian doesn't have add-apt-repository installed as default.

Debian has a celous quality policy, so only has build in oficial
repositories, stability and free-only-software are the main targets of
debian.

Debian covers 12 different architectures , so then a ppa system are
not possible, in ppa u only build for x86 and amd64..

The debian most equivalent are the mentor system, see http://mentors.debian.net

> uses apt, can make use of PPAs.

no, winbuntu use apt in backguard, and in frontend uses synaptic or
ppa's, the ppa system are a winbuntu oriented platform, able to serve
for many kind of project management...

the ppa system problem its that when build the results packages, that
results binary are specific over a winbuntu release, so then u must
find a close release to u'r debian instalation, by example for squeeze
u must use maverik related around
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com