[Gambas-user] Am I misunderstanding settings.clear?

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Oct 7 23:54:07 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 23:28 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with settings quite a while now.
> Today I realised some settings where placed under a new key a while ago.
> So I looked at the documentation to see if I could remove the old ones.
>
> Documentation said...YES
>
> ------ Gambas Docs on settings.clear ------
> Sub Clear ( [ ParentKey As String ] )
>
> Clears all settings.
>
> If ParentKey is specified, then only the keys under it will be cleared.
>
> ------- END Gambas docs -------
>
> So I gave it a try, (wanting to remove everything below the 'mail' key)
> as follows:
>
> Settings.Clear["mail"]

Never mind, I found what I was doing wrong.
Needs to be:
Settings.Clear("mail")  --> ( )instead of [ ]
So used to using [] with settings that it got me confused :)

Sorry for the noise..

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)