[Gambas-user] can't install my home-made-package, due to the dependencies

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Fri Oct 4 18:28:27 CEST 2013

Am Freitag, den 04.10.2013, 07:56 -0700 schrieb Charlie:
> I bumped into this problem. I don't know how to automate this but if you run
> the following commands in Terminal on the problem computer and then rerun
> the Deb file all should be well.
>
> The 1st line adds the Gambas3 repository and the second updates the
> computer.
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nemh/gambas3
> sudo apt-get update

Salut Charlie,

thanks,my problem is, that I've never had any Gambas3 installed by
package installer, only by downloading the source code and compiling.

Now I made me a component, but if that component isn't installed, you
always have to add it to your project (the source).

While too lazy to read about, where and what has to be installed, I made
a package in the IDE, supposing that will do the job for me.

But I failed, because of the ubuntu repository, unknowing my gambas3
installation.

So now I can either, change the dependencies set by the IDE (my be thats
a long way), write my own installer who takes not care about
dependencies or do it by hand.

For instance I did it by hand, unpacked the *.deb package, unpacked the
data.tar.gz and then moved the files and directories as root (sudo) to
/usr.

So now my problem is solved.
--
Amicalement