[Gambas-user] article on Gambas...

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Nov 26 17:29:11 CET 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
> > a example of power of gambas its www.gambasforge.org/index.html
>
> Hi,
>
> yes, but we must add also:
> - http://www.gambas-es.org/
> - http://www.gambas-it.org/smf/
> - http://www.gambas-club.de/

I think he meant that gambasforge.org is written in Gambas. I don't think,
the other forums are. At least gambas-club.de is driven by phpBB.

> Plurality is a treasure, but I think it would also need some kind of connection and interrelation between the forum.

Well, as of 22nd this month, you are speaking with the new head of
gambas-club.de here :-)

I will try to open that forum more to other resources, adding links and
stuff (and most importantly, replace all occurences of the Gambas2 logo by
the Gambas3 one!) but beyond that, I can't imagine what to do. I only speak
German, English and what remains from my school French.

See, we can't really connect them any closer (like linking topics) because
we speak different languages. Of course, we all speak Gambas but how to
pose a question in Gambas? :-)

Events like programming contests or so together would also boil down to
speaking English with one another which contradicts the raison d'etre (at
least as I understand it) of these forums - to use one's native language.

Not sure how to improve the situation - except for adding links, of course -
but I'm open for suggestions.

Regards,
Tobi