[Gambas-user] How Stream.ByteOrder ?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Nov 24 20:29:05 CET 2013

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to see an simple, but complete example about "Stream.ByteOrder " property.
>
> Thanks
>
> vuott

Well, I won't give you a complete project because I also have work to do but
here you have an idea: try to parse a .bmp file with Gambas. Its format is
reasonably simple (at least I can't think of a simpler "real" file format
out of the blue) and can be looked up at Wikipedia. The BMP format uses
little endian. So you explicitly have to set Stream.ByteOrder to little
endian to get the same result on all machines.

Regards,
Tobi