[Gambas-user] Breaking logical check when coming to a true statement in a IF block

derox derox_2 at ...3232...
Fri Nov 22 20:15:55 CET 2013

Hi!

Though I have limited knowledge of C++, I do believe it has the following
functionallity that also could be useful in Gambas:

If you have an IF-block with several statements that are to be evaluated,
in C++ it will jump out of that evalutaion proccess as soon as it
encounters a true statement. That way you can put procedure-calls from the
IF-block that would normally crash the program if the prior checks are
TRUE, but otherwise would run successfully.

Just a silly example

If(itsWinterTime OR iceCreamWagonIsOpen) Then 'There are no Ice Wagons
around in Winter, and the program will wonder what you are talking about
and go crash sending out an Error message, but if it is summer time, there
will be a ice wagon, but it is not neccessarily open :)
End if