[Gambas-user] Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 from 12.04 To keep current with Gambas releases.

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Tue Nov 19 16:02:43 CET 2013

> Sebastian,
>

> Just to be clear you are saying that to use Gambas V. 3.5.1 to its fullest I
> should be running Ubuntu 13.10? Gambas 3.5.1 has new features/coding that
> may not run properly under 12.04. Therefore running 3.5.1 on 12.04 may prove
> to be unstable. Therefore I should upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10. I understand
> that I should upgrade to 12.10 then 13.04 then 13.10. Is this correct?
> Should I follow the directions in the Ubuntu Upgrade pages?
>

> I'm a novice using Linux. I have used VBA for years so Gambas is a familiar
> environment. I just do not want to create problems with a system that seems
> to run well. That does not mean that I want to continue without upgrading if
> that will cause problems down the road.
>

> Thank you for your advice.
>

> Marty

No, at the moment, Gambas is run with full functionality in Ubuntu 12.04
LTS from nemh/gambas3 (and daily) PPA. I enabled all components, just
install the necessary packages.

Kendek