[Gambas-user] how to make threats

Wed Nov 13 21:05:17 CET 2013

Tobias respond me this in another topic:

From: Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] wait vs sleep confusion, console works,
>
> Ahh. Actually, there is no "main thread" or something. Gambas is single-
> threaded throughout. In GUI programs, the so-called "event loop" kicks in
> automatically because you have windows open. See the docs[0].

That its a bad notice for me.. i think about simulate that multithread
by making separate projects and call each then complied as EXECT AS
PROCESS etc etc.. this can work as expected? but i dont know how to
manage multiple projects inside one in the ide!

> You can also
> force the event loop to run by putting
>
> While True
>   Wait 2 ^ 30
> Wend

yeah that's basic men, but my program its a daemon that must
downloading several files parallel, so with this loop only acepts one
event per loop (either if i use wget as process and manage such)

> BTW: Gambas is a nice language. You cannot make threats with it :-)
yeah i like very much gambas, not for easy, DUE ITS NOT PORTED TO GUINDOWS!

> Threads are also not possible in Gambas currently. (You should look up the word
> "threat" in a dictionary.) The closest thing you can have is "Task" but
> I've
> no experience with this.

where i find examples about taks in gambas?

--
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com