[Gambas-user] How to use connections/resultsets from gb.web scripts?

Wed Nov 13 20:58:23 CET 2013

From: Jesus <ea7dfh at ...2382...>
>> May be because he's not a "winbuntu" user... ;-)
>yes u have right.. i never use it! I've noticed that those who use it
>in my office, always need more resources, more ram, more cpu power,
> and the justification always "updates, vesion raise", but their individual
> performance results never "raised", interesting, whereas with what I use, my results
> always evolve, without need to consume more resources than i already have it
Jesus, so then continue reading:

From: Beno?t Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
>I think it's: USE "gb.db", with quotes.
so then thanks benoit, was a mistake in the second mail as u can see
note that u write :
> 'USE gb.db'
event the :
> USE "gb.db"
now thanks i can made now a little example, such its good to see
my script are working, will solve many thinks (and off the php code)

thanks so much Benoit, next step its module procesing comunicacions
(how can use modules or start a web page made from project ide)

NOW A EXAMPLE (one that works using more components)
i already know its not the right usage due its a parse interpretation
by gambas script interpreter, but for now its good example, so then
Benoit provide one better (remenber that works also in gambas 3.4.0
this one i use):

1) made a gambas project, and when u made a gambas web page the
extension will be "webpage"

2) made this extension interpreted by the cgi script ( i mean a simple
interpretation) as such apache or lighttpd does with python or perl
scrips, of couse if python process pl files gbw3 will process webpages
files

3) so then expose the "webpage" file to http server (example sabe as
xx.webpage and copy this file to /var/www/ html docs root), this are
the code example to made a db connection, as u can see the firts line
said that will be interpreted as script and procesed by cgi only the
output results.. so next step its parse results between modules
process

#!/usr/bin/env gbw3
<%
USE "gb.db"

DIM print AS String
Dim conps As Connection

conps = New Connection  'creamos la instancia de la conexion
conps.Type = "postgresql"
conps.Name = "sys"     ' 1) abrir conexcion con el usuario y clave
conps.host = "localhost"
conps.Port = 5432
conps.User = "sys"
conps.Password = "1234"
Try conps.Open
%>
<h2>CGI script database connection example BY PICCORO Lenz McKAY</h2>
<%
print = " VenenuX connection postgres abierta? " & conps.Opened
%>
<%= print %><br>
<%
print = " host " & conps.Host & " base de datos " & conps.Name
%>
<%= print %><br>

The script its really similar as mocosft script's pages .. such gambas
its similar as mocosotf basic languaje...

gambas its great and easy to use.. this similitudes are something pain
in my work je je je

--
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com