[Gambas-user] Questions about reading of a text file with "Read".

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Tue Nov 12 12:08:59 CET 2013

Hello,

...I would have specific questions about the reading of a text file with "Read".

I intend to read a text file in string representation using the classic command "Open For ... READ"

   Dim s As String

    Read #fluxus, s
    Print s

1) Why don't I get the error "End of file", *only if* the file is composed of number (amount) of characters NOT less than 49 ?

2) Why, even if the file is made up of a quantity of more than 49 characters, are read *only* 48 characters ?

3) Why is not read the first character , but instead Read reads from the 2nd to the 49th character?

Thanks
vuotttt

p.s.:  [System]
Gambas=3.5.90