[Gambas-user] Semi-persistent pop-up form?

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Tue Nov 12 00:19:04 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 22:30 +0100, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 11/11/2013 21:47, Bruce a écrit :
> > Is there some way to make a popup form only close on a specific user
> > action?
> >
> > In the attached picture, I have a popup form displaying some statistical
> > guff about the data displayed in the main form. (I have pixelised the
> > main form just to highlight the popup.)
> >
> > As per design, as soon as the user clicks on the main form, the popup
> > disappears. In fact, as soon as the user clicks (anything) the popup
> > disappears.
> >
> > What I would like to have happen is that the popup remain active until
> > the user performs a specific action e.g. presses Alt+F, or whatever.
> >
> > (I have tried both the Show and ShowModal approaches, but they have
> > other problems with things like positioning the popup correctly,
> > multiple copies etc etc. ShowPopup seems to give the best operation so
> > far.)
> >
> > Even getting to the point of only closing the popup if the click is
> > within the main form window would help.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > tia
> > Bruce
> >

> Look at the Window.Utility property.
>
> Regards,

Wonderful!  Almost there. The only problem I have left (ha-ha!) is
moving the main form to another virtual desktop. In LXDE I can drag the
main form to the next or prior desktop (or use the window menu "Send to
Desktop"), I presume that there are equivalent features on other
desktops, I've just forgotten.

When I do this with the "utility" window open it moves the main form
correctly but leaves the utility on the original desktop.

This may be an LXDE or OpenBox issue, but I thought maybe someone has
got an idea.

tia

--
Bruce <bbruen at ...2308...>