[Gambas-user] Semi-persistent pop-up form?

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Mon Nov 11 21:47:27 CET 2013

Is there some way to make a popup form only close on a specific user
action?

In the attached picture, I have a popup form displaying some statistical
guff about the data displayed in the main form. (I have pixelised the
main form just to highlight the popup.)

As per design, as soon as the user clicks on the main form, the popup
disappears. In fact, as soon as the user clicks (anything) the popup
disappears.

What I would like to have happen is that the popup remain active until
the user performs a specific action e.g. presses Alt+F, or whatever.

(I have tried both the Show and ShowModal approaches, but they have
other problems with things like positioning the popup correctly,
multiple copies etc etc. ShowPopup seems to give the best operation so
far.)

Even getting to the point of only closing the popup if the click is
within the main form window would help.

Any ideas?

tia
Bruce