[Gambas-user] gambas editor control and the highlight method

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Nov 8 13:36:07 CET 2013

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013, Sean wrote:

> Hi Tobi, thanks for the Answer.
>
> Would it be too much if i request you do show me a Minimum
> Working Example of the correct syntax? The
> html-highlighter given in the Examples is too complex..

I perfectly understand that. I once aimed at implementing a new interface
for Editor-like controls, similar to how one defines syntaxes for the vim
highlighting mechanism but with OOP. It will not make you write code but
just explain the syntax to the engine with objects. But this will happen
in the course of gb.ncurses and is not to happen soon.

Anyways, a minimal example is attached.

Regards,
Tobi