[Gambas-user] What is the correct PPA to use to ensure a stable release?

Marty McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Thu Nov 7 14:44:10 CET 2013

Hello,

>From past posts it appears that Kendek's PPA may not always contain a stable
release. It was stated in a past post from Kendek that he published a
pre-release version to facilitate wider testing. A later post stated that
the daily updates/PPA from the Gambas Team had been moved to avoid Kendek's
uploads to stable releases.

Having installed Gambas from Kendek's PPA and have developed a large
application using Gambas I'm concerned that I may be using the wrong PPA.

I've been automatically updated to V 3.5 from Kendek's PPA several times
now. From the last post it seems that I should delete this PPA and go with
the Gambas Team's PPA. That raises two questions. Is the version I have now
stable or can I expect problems? If I switch PPA's do I have to do a
reinstall and if so haw should I do it?

Regards,

Marty