[Gambas-user] if-else vs try who are best faster inmachine time?

Tue Nov 5 21:46:20 CET 2013

> >> Why not simply write benchmark?
> how tipycally geek-like response, well Sebastian has the right
> response lest explaint more:
> >>

> > A benchmark wouldn't be accurate, as it will be IO bound, and being an
> old
> of course, the benchmark software will run in same machine (the only
> case possible) for tests, so then this implice extra I/O and also
> extra CPU cycles.. jeje

That doesn't make any sense. Firstly what "implice" means? Implies?
If I understood what you mean... if benchmark gives result only specific to
one machine, and thus the result is not usable in second machine, then it
doesn't matter which one option you use. Because it wouldn't apply to yet
another machine.

In other words, if it depends on computer which option is faster, then you
cannot chose only one option and use it on all computers. Instead you must
do the benchmark on target computer.

Jussi