[Gambas-user] The problem with gb.gui, gb.gui.opengl, and gb.desktop.gnome (2)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 1 11:41:33 CET 2013

Le 01/11/2013 11:19, Kende Krisztián a écrit :

>>> The other problem, 'foo' application doesn't work on KDE
>>> desktop with 'foo-gtk', and doesn't work on GNOME desktop with
>>> 'foo-qt4'.
>>
>> Of course they work. If you install 'foo-gtk' on KDE, you will just
>> run the 'foo' program using the GTK+ libraries.
>>
>>> The selector component doesn't work well.
>>
>> What are you talking about?
>>

> I don't see it. I created a Gambas project with 'gb.gui', and this not
> starting on GNOME desktop without 'gb.gtk' component. 'gb.qt4' is
> installed on system, but 'gb.gui' not selecting this.
>
> kendek at ...3104...:~$ locate gb.qt4
> /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.component
> /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so
> /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt4.so.0.0.0
> /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.qt4.info
> /usr/share/gambas3/info/gb.qt4.list
>
> kendek at ...3104...:~$ '/home/alma/alma.gambas'
> gb.gui: unable to load 'gb.gtk' component
> ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'ButtonBox': Cannot load parent class:
> Cannot load class 'UserControl': Unable to load class file
>
> alma.desktop uses gb.image, gb.gui and gb.form components

OK, you want 'gb.gui' to use 'gb.qt4' if 'gb.gtk' is not present?

This is possible, this is something to fix in the gb.gui source code.

But this is not related to the packaging at all!

--
Benoît Minisini