[Gambas-user] Gambas Future or what kind of Gambas we want.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Fri Nov 1 11:15:18 CET 2013

After long talk with many gambas developpers, after years of joy on the use
of this language, I want to talk about its future... its persistance.

Benoit for me is a little bit like our Linus. He have done something for
itself and it's today one of the better tool ever see. (Umm ... ;-))

Now, for me one thing lock down Gambas... why can't it be more known ?
Because it is close to Linux world. Theire is no possibility to use it
natively on other system ... this problem what explicitely exposed by RMS
in the past in a mail sended to us. Yes in his request he wanted us to make
the interpreter generate a cil code for interpreter like java/.net or
parrot. Well today we know java isn't a sure way, and we can do things too
without.

I have a request to Benoit, and i know it's time is precious and like mine
rare. I want him to concentrate on make it's code portable... separate
specific linux part to allow all our friend that want to help to port
gambas to stars to make theire job.

By doing this, most people can participate on compiler/interpreter code, by
having Gambas on other system we can have more component maker/maintainer.
At the end Benoit can take hollidays and come take a Cognac at home .   :-)

I know this is a huge job as he/we need to take the time to mark all part
of the code that is hard linked on Linux system, and then choose a way to
separate it to symplify the maintainment

Same thing for the toolkits but it's at a first time not the subject of
today.

Now we have hands that can help... but it can't be done if the code is not
structured for.

So for the Undred time ... Benoit ... Please, let us helping you.

To all, the gambas user/dev, this exchange is for you so even if it take
thouthen of mail, please give us your impress and your ideas, your support.

Please, don't look at the spelling fault, it will take to many time to you
  ;-)

--
Fabien Bodard