[Gambas-user] The WebCam Examples crash

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri May 31 20:37:07 CEST 2013

On Fri, 31 May 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ford anyone could test if gb.media (the gstreamer component) can be used
> to deal with V4L2 devices?
>
> There are gstreamer plugins for that:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-plugin-video4linux2.html

This is what I did:

- Install and load that v4l2loopback because I have no webcam (/dev/video0
  is created)
- Install gst-plugins-good (with the v4l2 gstreamer plugin; this caused
  minor confusion on Arch Linux because I installed the gstreamer-1.0
  packages instead of Gambas' 0.10 ones.)
- As per the wiki of v4l2loopback, execute:
  $ gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video0
  which feeds /dev/video0 with sample data
- And execute:
  $ gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! xvimagesink
  which displays the stuff properly.

But now I can't get the Gambas part to work because I don't understand how
these things work.

Regards,
Tobi