[Gambas-user] IDE crash when undoing creation of a control in selection

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun May 26 10:51:09 CEST 2013

Hi Benoit,

maybe I hit the send button too early with the last mail. I got a way to
reproduce the IDE crash I was talking about:

1. Create two Buttons on a form;
2. Select both;
3. Ctrl+Z to undo creation of the 2nd Button.

Possible results (according to my tests):

1. [13] Null Object in FForm.RefreshMenu.2320
2. [13] Null Object in FForm.SetControlProperty.3720 (observed only up to
   rev#5673. This does not make sense since there are no changes made to the
   IDE or interpreter at that point. Perhaps it's coincidence.)
3. See screenshot. This is unusual. It may have something to do with
   Application_Error() but this is only a wild guess.
4. Note that (at least after some tries (?)), the 2nd Button is still
   present in the FMain.form but it's not visible when opening the project
   in the IDE. But create another Button and it will be named Button3
   despite there is only Button1 on the form.

Regarding the 4th case, I observed that this seems to happen randomly. On my
system there is kind of an indicator for this case.

If I see Button2 at the top left corner of the form when the IDE crashes, it
will remain in the .form file. It vanishes in ~3/4 of the cases. I also
attach a project where the .form is corrupted this way. Strange only that
Button2 is invisible even if it is in the .form...

Also note that in the attached project, you cannot undo the creation of a
single Button anymore. The IDE crashes, too, with the anonymous error on the
screenshot.

This was on rev#5678 with the whole source tree newly ./reconf'd etc..

Regards,
Tobi