[Gambas-user] HBox.Margin and .Padding not cumulative?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Fri May 24 22:12:54 CEST 2013

They are not cumulative.

if margin is set at true and padding = 0 then margin = Desktop.Scale

if margin is set at true and padding = 5 then margin = 5

if spacing is set at true and padding = 0 then spacing = Desktop.Scale

if spacing is et at true and padding = 5 then spacing = 5

padding define the space.

2013/5/24 Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...>

> On Thu, 23 May 2013, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> > When margin is set padding and spacing have the size of Margin in pixel
>
> This is another facet, isn't it? I was talking about Margin + Padding, when
> set together, are added to make the visible margin, i.e. they are
> cumulative.
>
> However it seems to me that your statement isn't true either. If it were
> like you said, then as soon as HBox.Margin is set to True, the padding (we
> ignore spacing here) would be Desktop.Scale. When I click on the button the
> first time, Desktop.Scale is added to HBox.Padding - but visually nothing
> happens.
>
> As a consequence, Padding must have still been 0 and Margin and Padding are
> *not* cumulative. Or not?
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Fabien Bodard