[Gambas-user] New version isql: empty results with gambas-3

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Wed May 22 16:10:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

our friend of italian Gambas forum has a problem:

he updated his management that uses MS-SQL 2008 as database. He, to connect to the db, uses Microsoft odbc freetds driver. With the release of MS-SQL 2000 is no problem with the isql program from a terminal and with gambas.
With the new version isql no problem, gambas does not give him error in the query, but it returns the "empty" results !

Our friend says with gambas-3 latest release it behaves as described above.
With Gambas 2.20 and earlier (version 2.21 does not work) it works, that is it will return the records in the result.

---> Our friend'ld like to know what differs a version with the other. <---

He add a clarification: in gambas 2 (all releases) with 64-bit systems the odbc connection not working, what was repaired with version 3.

Regards
vuott