[Gambas-user] Issue 423 in gambas: Menu in form attached to workspace not visible

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat May 4 22:24:48 CEST 2013

Comment #3 on issue 423 by benoit.m... at ...626...: Menu in form attached to
workspace not visible
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=423

I think the fault comes from the unity support in GTK+, that removes the
menu from the application and tells unity what to display instead in the
top desktop bar.

Alas, I don't think they thought about windows inside windows having menus,
like what you want to achieve with your example... They certainly only
thought about one window having one toplevel menu bar, like 99% of
applications.

Eventually you can try to set the 'APPMENU_DISPLAY_BOTH' environment
variable to 1 at the very beginning of your application.