[Gambas-user] gb.desktop: Trinity desktop (3.5.13)

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed May 1 14:36:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, 01 May 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 30/04/2013 21:59, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a local patch to gb.desktop which makes it detect and use the default
> > installation of TDE 3.5.13, i.e.
> >
> > Desktop.Type = "TDE"
> > Desktop.OpenTerminal() runs "konsole"
> >
> > Is there anything else required to support a DE? Should TDE be recognised as
> > KDE?
>
> Just search for `Case "KDE"` in the entire project, you will see all the
> places where something desktop-specific must be done.
>
> Moreover, you must ensure that the XDG scripts used by gb.desktop
> correctly handle the Trinity desktop.

Uff. OK, one thing at a time...

> > Otherwise, I'll commit it up.
> >
> > Note particularly that my TDE default "konsole" does *not* understand the
> > --nofork and --hold parameters which the IDE assumes when running a
> > project in a terminal emulator (see "Project properties") and "konsole" is
> > detected as corresponding to the current Desktop.Type). That's the only
> > problem I found using my everyday use of Gambas.
>
> Are you sure? I thought these options existed in KDE3...

I had to remove both options from the Exec array to make konsole not
complain.

Qt: 3.3.8d
KDE: 3.5.13
Konsole: 1.6.6

> Anyway, I must find a way, whatever the terminal emulator, to do the
> following:
> - Executing a program.

-e as the IDE does

> - Not closing the window when the program quits.

--noclose seems to be the name here.

> - Not forking, so that the IDE can waits for the ends of the terminal
> emulator.

Nothing obvious among the help text, sadly.