[Gambas-user] Strange problem with running Shell on Fedora (code works in IDE but not in executable!!)

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Mar 27 17:10:03 CET 2013

Attached four screenshots to clarify the situation.
In both cases the application was already installed, but that should not
matter (I tested with application not installed before as well).

FromIDE.png shows output from yum on installation
FromExecutable.png clearly misses the output from yum installation.

>From executable it never even runs the read event.I tested this by
adding a custom output to the tarOutput in the Read event.
I added tarOutput.Text &= "Been in the read event.."

FromIDE-2.png shows output from yum on installation with the added Been
in the read event
FromExecutable-2.png clearly never shows 'Been in the read event..' so
apparently the Read event is never processed!!

I have no idea on what to do next..been experimenting and trying stuff
all night until 5 AM this morning...Any help is appreciated.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/