[Gambas-user] Gambas on Debian!

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Mar 21 16:44:16 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have finally found a mail address to reach the guy responsible for the
Gambas packages on Debain.

I have written him a mail with request to please update the Debain
repository to a more recent Gambas3 version.

My main concern is that I write some applications that are used by
non-developers (so end users). For Gambas2 about 1/3 of the downloads
for these applications are for Debain, 2/3 for Ubuntu and a few for
Fedora (hardly worth mentioning).

Now I'm faced that if I port these applications I will loose about 1/3
or my users simply because they can't install the deb package on Debain.
So I haven't ported them yet and am stuck with Gambas2 for distributing
to end users (kind of frustrating).

Maybe others can report their hazards to the Debain maintainers of teh
package as well, to make them more responsive to our needs.

Package maintainer mail address for Gambas on Debain:
<pkg-gambas-devel at ...3117...>

Hope this might have some effect.

--
Kind regards,