[Gambas-user] patch for setting directory on EXEC

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 2 03:18:46 CET 2013

Le 01/03/2013 04:07, Ian Haywood a écrit :
> On 23/02/13 23:09, Ian Haywood wrote:
>
>> This patch basically makes EXEC respect the PWD environment variable:
>> if PWD is set using the WITH keyword option to EXEC then
>> this is the current directory for the process spawned by EXEC.
> will this patch be accepted?
> if not is there any other way to implement this functionality that would
> be acceptable?
>
> Ian

I don't know yet. :-)

Your patch is clever, but I would prefer a new explicit syntax or a new
command.

Either CHDIR, or a new syntax for the EXEC command, something like:

EXEC [...] IN <directory>

that does not introduce a new keyword.

I must think about it a bit. If I am too long to decide, just tell me
and I will merge your patch anyway.

Benoît Minisini