[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.4.2 hanging on startup (Ubuntu 12.10 with Cinnamon desktop)

Cam Era cybercamera at ...626...
Tue Jul 30 05:19:22 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Bruce <bbruen at ...2308...> wrote:

> This happened to me several months ago. It was caused by a non-existent
> network printer.  From memory, cups goes off looking for that printer
> forever for some reason or other.

Bruce,

you are indeed correct, modulo the non-existence network printer. The
printers are certainly there, but there's obviously some bad chemistry with
the CUPS client which causes Gambas to freeze indefinitely.

Thanks for your feedback, it confirms what I've seen. And thanks to Benoît,
for his keen eye and speedy responses.

-- Con