[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.4.2 hanging on startup (Ubuntu 12.10 with Cinnamon desktop)

Cam Era cybercamera at ...626...
Mon Jul 29 02:40:54 CEST 2013

Greetings all

I am trying to run the latest Gambas (3.4.2) on Ubuntu 12.10 (x86) system
running the Cinnamon desktop.

I find that the application hangs part way through loading.

I've run it perhaps 30 times, and only once or twice has it actually loaded
to completion. Therefore, I know it can work fine once it actually does
load completely.

I've also launched the application with 'strace' and here is the output of
the last few lines:

###
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
time(NULL) = 1375054983
poll([{fd=31, events=POLLIN}], 1, 60000) = ? ERESTART_RESTARTBLOCK (To be
restarted)

###

The application hangs on the poll() It seems to be waitin for some kind o
file resources to become available, but it never does.

I have no issues running this same version of Gambas on other Ubuntu 12.10
systems running different desktops.

Any suggestions to fix (or pointers as to to acquire additional
information), would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Con