[Gambas-user] How do I edit a DataView control

Marty mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Mon Jul 29 02:37:04 CEST 2013

Hello All,

I have a dataview control that is contained in a datasource. The
datasource table property is set to a SQL command tat gets the data. I
can see the data in the dataview and return the index of the selected row.

 From the documentation on the net it appears as though the individual
cells can be edited. The graphic in the Gambas docs shows a cursor in a
cell with an insertion point. I can read the data from the datasource
with "var = datasource1!xxxx" but the converse "datasource1!xxxx = XX"
raises an error. Not an array on form foo.

I need to both display and edit the contents of the cell as well as add
and delete records. So how do I do it in Gambas 3?

Thanks in advance to all who offer answers.

Marty:-)