[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.4.2

Tue Jul 23 19:13:31 CEST 2013

From: "CJ" <lists at ...2828...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.4.2
> I'm running Debian 5.03 Lenny on my NAS and will for a long time since I'm
> not able to upgrade. Have Gambas3 3.4.2 pre runtime + a few selected
> components
> working fine after manually upgrading a couple of the Debian packages.
venenux has many packages updates for lenny, but spect to use soon
venenux default system settings, for now if u know how to use aptitude
can manualy satisface depends an use recent releases of alsa, jack,
gmime, v4l, etc etc etc most of them necesary for complete gambas3
support

From: Kende Kriszti?n <nemh at ...2007...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.4.2
> use fresh Gambas? This would also be a general phenomenon? I do not
> understand the logic.
thats the problem, sure u have such money to use recent hardware with
no care of implicits

Most people who use a old version of software is because it is working
well, and perfectly, and due this, there is no reason to upgrade
obviosly... "if are working, dont touch"

Another powerful reason is that the hardware work well and are in
perfect shape, but its not enough "modern" or "powerfully" to run the
new software with good performance...

That's the problem with the developments in win style, pure update and
then inadvertently  more code means more cycles cpu that a machine has
to compute.!!!!!!

From: Kende Kriszti?n <nemh at ...2007...>
> I understand that. But PC -> Squezze or Wheezy, Raspberry Pi -> Squeeze
> or Wheezy, NAS why Lenny?
Raspherry Pi uses a lot of squeeze, with some others.. but its NOT squeeze like
> Why ancient people use Lenny packages, but they need the fresh
> packages? It is meaningless to me. This is not Windows, just upgrade
> the system.
Most people who use a old version of software is because it is working
well, and perfectly, and due this, there is no reason to upgrade
obviosly... "if are working, dont touch"
BUT: need another pieces up to date due DEVELOPERS dont sync with
these older pieces of sooftware working perfectly.. a example, a
server running apache 1.3 but need php 5.5, need to backported fast
cgi and php5 for these apache server and adapt.. apache 1.4 are so far
more faster rather that apache 2.X and 3.X
remenber: more code means more cycles cpu that a machine has to compute.!!!!!!
AN THEN: due more modern software requires more cycles and more cpu,
then users/systems/admins need more power and new hardware and then
its a cycle to buy always hardware to intel, amd and etc etc.. i dont
like that ....