[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.4.2

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Tue Jul 23 12:50:54 CEST 2013

> > NAS, ok. But you really need the latest version of Gambas?
> > Normally, a desktop computer that uses legacy operating system, why
> > do you want to use fresh Gambas? This would also be a general
> > phenomenon? I do not understand the logic.
>
> For me it's primarily three things...
>
> 1. Bug fixes (and to some extent new features).
>
> 2. Consistency to minimize issues between different versions on
>    different hardware (PC, NAS, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone etc)
>
> 3. Having the same version of Gambas3 as on my desktop since I
>    don't develop on the NAS but do that on the desktop.
>
> > I only support officially supported Debian releases.
>
> I understand that you have to draw the line somewhere I just
> answered your question if Lenny was still being used ;)
>
> /CJ

I understand that. But PC -> Squezze or Wheezy, Raspberry Pi -> Squeeze
or Wheezy, NAS why Lenny?
Why ancient people use Lenny packages, but they need the fresh
packages? It is meaningless to me. This is not Windows, just upgrade
the system.