[Gambas-user] R: Another use case of gb.openal

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Tue Jul 23 02:15:56 CEST 2013

Hello Benoît,

I tried your last example with your mp3 file and others: the sound quality seems very good.

...but you knows I'm Midi maniac ;-) so I wanted to try a Midi file.

In console I received those notices:
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 0 [bank=0 prog=56]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 1 [bank=0 prog=61]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 2 [bank=0 prog=32]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 3 [bank=0 prog=65]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 4 [bank=0 prog=66]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 5 [bank=0 prog=66]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 6 [bank=0 prog=67]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 7 [bank=0 prog=71]
fluidsynth: warning: No preset found on channel 9 [bank=128 prog=0]

So I run FluidSynth before your test-openal, but I otained same warnings.

But, what I will say is that despite this, however,  NO "code" errors were raised !  ...And this would leave me thinking that - maybe - it can also be read Midi files...

Benoît, do you think that at the end of the setup of the Openal component we'll be able to handle even the Midi files?

Regards
vuott

 Data: Martedì 23 luglio 2013, 01:14

 This is the same example, but now it
 uses Alure streams. I.e, instead of loading the entire sound
 in memory and then playing it, it just loads a few chunks
 and feed the source as needed. This is what must be done if
 you want to play a background music, and not a little
 sound.

 Use it with revision #5760.

 -- Benoît Minisini

 -----Segue allegato-----

 See everything from the browser to the database with
 AppDynamics
 Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
 AppDynamics
 -----Segue allegato-----