[Gambas-user] gb.openal resources...

Mon Jul 22 19:27:16 CEST 2013

On 07/22/2013 04:25 AM, Ru Vuott wrote:
>> [GB.OPENAL]
>> "New component for the OpenAL 3D audio library. Work in progress..."
> Hello,
>
> I'ld like to know how we can use in a project its Classes, functions and properties.
>
> Regards
> vuott

Just updated GAMBAS from the daily PPA and see the component hasn't yet
been enabled. Once it's ready for testing someone mention it on the
list. I'll start testing it and create a simple example project so
others can quickly learn to use it (unless I can't figure out how to use
it, of course). I also found this (C tutorial) which explains some basics:

http://ffainelli.github.io/openal-example/

There are some examples in the source tree as well:

http://repo.or.cz/w/openal-soft.git/tree/HEAD:/examples

Since OpenAL Soft is a fork of the now proprietary OpenAL by Creative
Labs, I have some question as to whether or not they are still
compatible syntactically. There is extensive OpenAL documentation, but
not so much for OpenAL Soft, so hopefully their syntax is still the same.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues